The Hall of Fame categories are:
- a. Athlete: An athlete becomes eligible for nomination to the Hall of Fame five (5) years following the graduation of his or her class. The athlete must have earned at least two varsity letters, conference recognition, and served as a positive ambassador for the University of Wyoming. Desirable qualifications include NCAA champion or placing at a NCAA meet, All-America recognition, world, national or conference record setter, All-Region or All Conference selection, Scholar-Athlete achievement and amateur athletic achievements outside of UW such as an Olympic participant.
- b. Coach: Must have coached at least 5 years at the University of Wyoming with the final season completed at least five (5) years prior to selection. Coaches currently on staff are eligible for nomination after 15 years of continuous employment as a coach. Won- loss records, national and conference championships, contribution to the sport on a state, regional or national level, recognition by peers (i.e. Coach of the Year) and achievement in public life are desirable qualifications.
- c. Team: A team shall become eligible for nomination to the Hall five (5) years after competition. The induction of a team shall not prohibit the separate induction of team members.
- d. Athletic Administrators or Staff: Must have been an administrator or staff member at least five (5) years at the University of Wyoming with the final year of employment completed at least five (5) years prior to selection. Administrators and staff, currently employed at UW are eligible for nomination after 20 years of continuous service in the athletic department. The administrator or staff member must have demonstrated exceptional loyalty, character and a passion for the success of UW athletics.
- e. Special Achievement: An induction into the UW Athletics Hall of Fame to recognize an extraordinary contribution or achievement by someone on behalf of University of Wyoming Athletics. Desirable qualifications shall be given for recognition received, as well as contributions to the university in the form of money, volunteering many hours of service without pay and being a great UW ambassador. There is no age or years of service requirement for this category.
Letters of Nomination may be sent to:
Hall of Fame
c/o Media Relations Office
UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING
1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071